|India Online Fashion Week|
The event received an enormous response from talented artists not only from big cities like Mumbai and Delhi but also from smaller towns like Dehradun, Aurangabad, Bikaner, Lucknow and Guwahati to name a few. This clearly proves that the Internet has spread it's wings all over. Anyone located anywhere can make use of the massive opportunities that come their way, through it's medium. It was overwhelming to receive such a mighty response from our young artists.
The Jabong online fashion week which has now begun, is moving forward in full swing. The grand finale would be streamed live from the venue at www.iofw.com. The show stoppers of the IOFW grand finale would be the beautiful and talented Ms. Yami Gautam - Indian Actress and the handsome Mr. Aditya Roy Kapur - Indian Actor.
Let's have a peek into the entire schedule of the world's first online shop- able week, that would be held at IOFW. Each day of the event the individual shows would be launched at five different time slots. The timings would be as given below
1) 12 noon
2) 1:30 pm
3) 3:00 pm
4) 4:30 pm
5) 6.00 pm
The schedule of events are as follows -
* On 25th July Friday , vignettes and videos of the Model and Photographer auditions held on1st July 2014 in New Delhi would be presented. The videos would capture and showcase the excitement before the start of the auditions, the backstage fun, drama and the final winners who had been selected. In addition, there would be a video on the overall concept of India Online Fashion Week and its ‘shopable’feature. The jury for the model auditions were Rashmi Virmani, Carol Gracias, Samant Chauhan and for the Photographer auditions the jury were Akash Das, HemantJ. Khendilwal and Sushmendra Dubey.
* On 26th July Saturday, vignettes and videos from the Makeup artist, Hairstylist and Designer auditions which were held on 2nd July 2014 in New Delhi will be presented.The videos would capture the stylist’s thoughts on color for the season and makeup tips for a glamorous look, the backstage fun, drama and final winners who have been selected. The jury for the Hair Stylists and Makeup artist auditions were Samantha Kochhar and Rod Anker and for the Designer auditions the jury were Dr. Darlie Koshy and Poonam Bhagat.
* On 27 July Sunday, vignettes and videos from the Grooming, Look test and Fittings session of the India Online Fashion Week covering all the selected winners (twenty models, fifteen designers, five makeup artists, five hair stylists and five fashion photographers) would be presented.These videos would also cover backstage drama, fitting sessions to showcase what goes on behind the scene during the making of a fashion show. The parameters which are kept in mind as a part of look tests to match designer collections and model looks.
* On 28 July, Monday there would be a launch of five exclusive designer collections namely Aastha Bahl ANS by Astha and Siddharth, Dressology by Amit Arora and Threesome by Siddharth K Kakkar.
* On 29th July, tuesday there would be a launch of five exclusive designer collections namely : ILK by Vinita and Shikha, Piquancy Swagger by Saj Armaan, Aiman,Timsy and Siddhartha.
* On 30 July, Wednesday there would be a launch of five exclusive designer collections namely Azalea by Aditi Gupta,Bhootsavar by Nitin Bal Chauhan,DIR 69 by Tanu Bagai , Shreya Mistry and Rajdeep Ranawat.
* The grand finale would be held on 30 July and you could view the Live streaming of the grand finale on www.iofw.com directly from the venue.
Now, let's take a look at the concept of two major collections which is going to be launched by two talented designers Rajdeep Ranawat and ' ILK' by Vinita and Shikha.
|Rajdeep Ranawat's collection preview|
In his designs he tries to graphically capture a sense of degenerating mosaics and lost handcrafted artifacts; crumbling architectures, over run by the forests, of treasures lost and parchment dissipated. His collections are master pieces and are made of fabrics like silk crepe, silk georgette organza, and Chanderi. He used those colours for the garment that would strive to create a winter mood.
|ILK by Vinita and Shikha collection preview|
When we soak up these designs in our mind, our thoughts would give us the impression that we are immersed in these honey producing combs and feel the textures, embroideries and shapes. This energy that would be created within us would wire us to indulge ourselves in these thoughts and let our imagination ' bee ' free. Hope you liked the two themes that would sweep away your imagination, as and when the collection would be presented to you.
|Behind the scenes|
Here's wishing all the Jabong fans a happy online shop- able week. You are now empowered to purchase your favourite clothes, style and the accessories through the click of a button. Enjoy the experience, as the grand finale kicks off with elan.
Important Key links ->
IOFW Website - http://iofw.com
Profile of celebrity mentors and Jury - http://iofw.com/celebrity-mentors/
Profile of fifteen selected designers - http://iofw.com/designers/
Profile of twenty selected models - http://iofw.com/models-2/
Profile of five hair stylists - http://iofw.com/hair-stylists/
Profile of five photographers - http://iofw.com/photographers-2/
Profile of five make up artists - http://iofw.com/make-up-artists/
Sponsor details - http://iofw.com/sponsors/
Note : Image source - FB Page of India online fashion week