Friday 11 April 2014

J - Jewellery

Artnectar.com

Jewellery whether modern or ethnic adds to the beauty of a woman. It's a woman's prized possession and a decorative item. Today we are well informed and aware of the latest brands of Jewellery. Thanks to all the online portals. There's some rare pieces of Jewellery  showcased on my blog today, although my topic is very common. Some pieces of ethnic and rare Jewellery that I've not come across before. 

The above pic is that of a ring that represents an architectural structure. Isn't it unique ? It looks more like vintage Jewellery. I so loved the look of it.

Artnectar.com

 This is a necklace that is made of recycled watch components. This is a rare piece and I was surprised to see the creativity and hard work gone into it.  

Pharaonic era princess' crown.
 In the above pic you can see an Egyptian crown  with gold work. Egyptians preferred gold over other metals and rare designs. They were also known to use coloured glass along with precious gems. Egyptians associated Jewellery with wealth and power. Even during death, Jewellery were among the list of goods that was placed in the graves. 


Navratna ring - Wikpedia






Navratna ring is closely associated with Indian Jewellery. It contains nine precious gems - pearl, ruby, sapphire, emerald, topaz, cat’s eye, coral, and hyacinth (red zircon). In ancient India it was worn by kings, and selected members of the family. 

coseccosigioielli.com
 This is a 1900 high silver content amulet necklace from Orissa. This Silver piece looks  captivating and I love the ethnic pattern. It looks like Tribal Jewellery which is quite unique and different. 

With this I end my post. I hope you liked these rare pieces of art. I'll catch you tomorrow with the letter ' K'.








No comments:

Post a Comment